Chances are, if you’re from southern Nevada, you’ve had tostadas at least once in your life. The problem with tostadas a lot of times is that they’re prepared by frying them in a ton of oil, which isn’t too good for the waistline. These tostadas are baked rather than fried, so you can enjoy eating them without the guilt!
This recipe comes from one of our own here at Gallian Welker & Beckstrom. And everyone who has tried it loves it! These tostadas are delicious, light, and healthy, and perfect for those spring and summer months coming up. Enjoy!
6 corn tortillas
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup shredded cheese (we use Mexican blend)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 avocado, diced
1 small bag frozen corn, cooked
2 green onions, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lay out tortillas onto a baking sheet. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the olive oil.
3. Mix black beans with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Top tortillas evenly with the bean mixture.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tortillas and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. While the tostadas are cooking, prepare the topping. Combine the avocado, corn, green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice together. When tostadas are done cooking, top each with a couple spoonfuls of the avocado mixture and enjoy!